WordPress JW Player Plugin
To use JW Player with the theme, install the JW Player WordPress plugin.
- Goto WordPress admin → Plugins → Add New
- Search for JW Player
- Click ‘Install Now’ on ‘JW Player for WordPress – Flash & HTML5 Video Player‘
- Now upload and your video URL’s to either:
- Slide Sets Manager → Media → Media URL or
- Posts → Gallery / Media tab → Media URL and choose the JW Player Embed Media option
Tersus 1.x > 2.0 / DynamiX 2.x
Warning! Tersus 1.x to 2.0 is not compatible with JW Player 6.x, use the following download to allow these versions to work with JW Player.
To play most Video / Audio formats with this Theme it’s recommended to use the JW Player embed option.
JW Player can be embedded into the Grid, Stage, iSlider, Accordion, Group Slider Galleries and the Video Shortcode.
Within the downloaded zip you will find the following required files:
jwplayer.js and player.swf
This screencast covers how to setup JW Player with the Theme and how to insert a video into the Stage Gallery.
Upload jwplayer.js and player.swf files
- Login to WordPress → Goto Appearance → Theme Options → General → Scroll to JW Player Configuration.
- Click the Media Library Button → Locate the downloaded JW Player files on your computuer and Upload jwplayer.js and player.swf only → Once uploaded COPY the URL of both files into the relevant Fields. e.g.
JW Player Flash URL would contain something like: PATH-TO-YOUR-FILE/player.swf
JW Player Video Lightbox
Note: Currently this is not possible with JW Player 6.0.
To play JW Player within lightboxes specify the path of your JW Player flash file (See above for uploading the flash file)
Then add the video path using the file variable.
So the full path looks similar to the following. (note! this is just an example – you’ll need to modify to represent the paths to your own files).
Check the autoplay check option within Posts / Gallery Media Posts -> Embed Media / Timeout Options.